Friday, March 25, 2011

FSU Relays!!!!

As much as I love running track and travelling to do it I admit that it can become a little tiring. Last week I spent my time at Morehouse Relays in Atlanta. I love the city. I ate a bunch of roti which is something I can only dream about in Tallahassee. That all said though ten hours round trip to spend only 30 hours in a place is bothersome at best. Had I been a professional athlete who didn't have to worry about coming back to classes and a job, like my cousin, this whole track and field thing would be significantly easier. Which is why I am so excited about this weekend. I get to compete and I only have to commute four minutes to do it. If my friends so chose to come and see me run they could and I'm "home" (it isn't Miami but I'd have to drive there too).

My parents are touching down into Vegas soon so unfortunately they won't be here to see me run. But the commute for them must be even more irritating as Miami is at the nearly bottom of the country. At any rate my first "home" 100 meter has arrived and I'm ready to do something about it. Likely win and run faster than I ever have. HA! At any rate...touch base soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment